1) Why might it be interesting to record the size and species of the trees surrounding the colonies?
- It is interesting to see how all those factors affect the ant hill
2) If you wanted to study the effect of tree size on the size of the and colonies, what would be your dependent variable? Your independent variable?
- The dependent variable would be the size of the trees and the distance from the trees to the colony
- The independent variable would be the anthill we pick.
3) During the winter months, the snow will often melt off the ant mounds before it melts off the surrounding area. What process of the heat that melts the snow?
- The heat that is coming from the anthill will melt the snow on the anthill before the surroundings.